Guardian Environmental Services Company, Inc., based in Newark, Delaware, is seeking a CDL Driver for our Construction Division to perform duties associated with driving regulated vehicles over the road and hauling heavy equipment and materials to various work sites.
Responsibilities will include:
• Load, secure and transport standard and oversize loads of equipment and materials.
• Maintain current Commercial Driver’s License (CDL-A), D.O.T. qualifications, Hazmat and tanker endorsement.
• Maintain driver’s logs, trip reports, receipts, permits, credit cards, etc.
• Operate heavy construction equipment to load and unload.
• Read/interpret maps and directions and preplan road trips.
• General mechanical ability to perform minimal maintenance tasks such as emergency starts on equipment.
• Interface/communicate effectively with site supervisor, client and Operations Manager.
• Perform all duties with hard hat, steel toed safety shoes, trousers, long or short sleeved shirt and when appropriate, hearing protection and safety glasses.
• Perform additional assignments per Supervisor’s direction. Some overnight travel may be required; approximately three to four per month.
The following are requirements of the position:
• High School diploma or GED; or one to three months related experience and /or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. CDL-A license required with hazmat and tanker endorsement.
• Ability to read/interpret maps and directions and preplan road trips. General mechanical ability.
• Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence.
• Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees.
• Ability to lift and carry 50+ lbs. Ability to move and climb freely about the worksite.
• Willingness to travel is required.
Base pay is negotiable and will at times include overtime and benefits package including 401k with match is offered. Pre-employment drug screen, physical and background check is required.
Send resumes to email@example.com to be considered for this position. No phone calls please.
For more information about Guardian Environmental Services Company, Inc., please see our website at www.gesoncall.com.
Guardian Environmental is an EEO employer all M/F/V/D are encouraged to apply.