Guardian Environmental Services Company, Inc., based in Newark, Delaware, is seeking an Environmental Response Manager to manage activities related to emergency and rapid response services and environmental remediation for the United States Environmental Protection Agency, the US Army Corps of Engineers and other government clients. The activities will require travel and overnight stays at work sites. The RM will be the point of contact for coordination with the customer. The RM will be accountable for day-to-day site activities, safety, quality control, customer satisfaction and the management of company resources including personnel and equipment.
Excellent pay and benefits package including 401k with match is offered. Pre-employment drug screen, physical and background check is required. Computer proficiency and general knowledge tests will be administered as part of the hiring process.
Send resumes to email@example.com to be considered for this position. No phone calls please.
Responsibilities will include:
- Coordinate with Program Manager to select personnel, equipment, materials and services as specified in the delivery/task order or included in the technical direction issued by the customer and provide onsite supervision.
- Develop detailed cost estimates of the work, including labor, equipment, materials, subcontractors, and transportation & disposal costs. Must be familiar with the preparation of bid packages and be capable to source and procure labor, equipment, material and subcontractors.
- Maintain communications between client & GES and have knowledge of cost tracking software and daily project recording and updating. Manage the preparation and submittal of all reports as required by the client.
- Coordinate with Program Manager in the preparation and implementation of work plans and site safety plans
- Manage craft workers and multiple subcontractors.
- Enforce GES procedures and policies
- Develop and maintain positive relations with clients and consultants.
- Other responsibilities as assigned.
B.S. /B.A. Degree (within the areas of chemistry, engineering, geology, management or business) with 4 or more years of experience with at least two of the years in a capacity of a site project manager, managing and supervising multi-disciplinary personnel. OR Seven years of direct on-scene response experience in the cleanup of hazardous substances, oil and other pollutants at a site, to include the implementation of site safety plans and OSHA compliance, heavy equipment operation and field construction.
Working technical experience in oil, petroleum, chemical, biological and radiological cleanup activities, hazardous chemical waste site cleanup, response to incidents involving natural and man made disasters, weapons of mass destruction, acts of terrorism, and disposal activities. Must have a working knowledge of DOT transportation regulations, OSHA, QA/QC procedures and hazardous waste disposal regulations including RCRA/CERCLA.
Excellent communication, organizational, and supervisory skills. Ability to effectively present
information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees. Excellent computer skills including proficiency in the use of Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel and Project as well as experience with job cost accounting systems.
Ability to lift 25 lbs and ability to move and climb freely about the worksite. Willingness to travel.
For more information about Guardian Environmental Services Company, Inc., please see our website at www.gesoncall.com.