Guardian Environmental Services Company, Inc., based in Newark, Delaware, is seeking a Foreman for our Construction Division to supervise assigned crew of craft workers, act as supervisor on select projects, interface with clients and provide technical training to subordinates.
Responsibilities will include:
• Supervise all assigned personnel to insure project rules, procedures, safety requirements, etc. are met.
• Follows and understands company policies.
• Conducts safety training and equipment training.
• Assists in planning work schedule, determining manpower, material and equipment requirements.
• Advises supervisor or project manager of potential problems, work interferences, schedule difficulties, etc; assists in resolving issues.
• Perform all assigned duties in a safe manner and in compliance with appropriate policies and regulations.
• Communicate and enforce all company safety policies, rules and procedures as outlined in the company safety program.
• Perform all duties with hard hat, steel toed safety shoes, trousers, long or short sleeved shirt and when appropriate, hearing protection and safety glasses.
• Perform additional assignments per supervisor’s direction.
The following are requirements of the position:
• Minimum of three (3) years’ experience in the field an operator, laborer or other similar role
• Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence and memos. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees.
• Ability to effectively lead and manage employees.
• Ability to lift and carry 50+ lbs. Ability to move and climb freely about the worksite.
• Willingness to travel.
• Ability to pass drug screen and physical per requirements of state and government contract work.
Base pay is negotiable and will at times include overtime and benefits package including 401k with match is offered. Pre-employment drug screen, physical and background check is required.
Send resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org to be considered for this position. No phone calls please.
For more information about Guardian Environmental Services Company, Inc., please see our website at www.gesoncall.com.
Guardian Environmental is an EEO employer all M/F/V/D are encouraged to apply.