Guardian Environmental Services Company, Inc., based in Newark, Delaware, is seeking an Environmental Laborer/Cleanup Technician to perform labor related to sampling and clean-up of hazardous wastes and substances.
Responsibilities will include:
- Operate environmental specific equipment (pumps, power saws, jack-hammers, air compressor, generator, chain saw, cascade system, vacuum truck, small boats, bobcat, etc.) as directed.
- Deploy containment boom and sorbents (boom, blanket, snare, pads, etc.) as directed.
- Be willing to participate in confined space situations in Level A, B and C personal protective equipment.
- Maintain clean-shaven and professional appearance.
- Ability to lift and carry 50+ lbs. Ability to move and climb freely about the worksite.
- Ability to use a respirator as needed.
The following are requirements of the position:
- High School diploma or GED with one year experience required.
- Must be able to provide documentation of successfully completing the OSHA 40 Hour HAZWOPER training.
- Possess a valid driver’s license
- Be willing to travel
- Be willing to participate in the 24/7 emergency response on call program
Excellent pay and benefits package including 401k with match is offered. Pre-employment drug screen, physical and background check is required.
Send resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org to be considered for this position. No phone calls please.
For more information about Guardian Environmental Services Company, Inc., please see our website at www.gesoncall.com.
Guardian Environmental is an EEO employer all M/F/V/D are encouraged to apply.